In addition to our own Holbrook Organ Series, Redeemer will host the events of several other groups next fall. These concerts bring the beauty of fine music to our community, and we are glad to provide the space for music-lovers to gather!
Built by Edwin L. Holbrook (1824-1904) of East Medway, Mass., in 1862, this instrument was first employed in the Universalist Church, Southbridge, Mass. It was later removed by organ aficionado Barbara Owen and rebuilt and enlarged by Charles Fisk and John Brombaugh of C.B. Fisk, Gloucester, Mass., in 1966. At that time it was placed in the rear gallery of Harvard Memorial Church to serve as a temporary instrument between the time of the removal of the Aeolian-Skinner organ and the installation of the new C. B. Fisk Opus 46, the very organ which will eventually serve in Redeemer’s future sanctuary. The Holbrook organ remained in the Harvard location for 45 years. In the summer of 2011 it was moved to Redeemer Presbyterian Church and set up for use in Covenant Hall.